Thursday, September 17, 2015

Pizza is not the same in Brazil!


September 7, 2015

Another week! Okay last Monday night was freaking amazing! We went to this pizza buffet, but it´s not like a buffet where you go and pick up some food, then eat, then go back, no. They bring you a different type of pizza every few minutes and you either take a piece or don´t. We barely ate that day so we could have room and boy, we´re we stuffed to the brim when we were done. The pizza was amazing, so many different kinds. I was the "child" of the group and had 12 pieces (who would have thought 12 pieces is only a little bit???) Elder Ramos has 14, Elder Hodges had 15, and Elder Markham had a whopping 19. Craziness! It was so good but we weren’t exactly feeling healthy afterwards, haha. But we didn´t have any big problems, so all is well. Guys will be guys.

 Tuesday was exactly two months since I started my mission, crazy! Wednesday we had zone meeting, where we did role playing in front of the whole zone, which was nerve-racking, but I actually did okay. It´s awesome to see the love the zone has for each other. The district leader, Elder Fanzlau, was on exchange with Elder Ramos for the rest of the day and part of the next, so it was cool having him around, he´s pretty awesome.

Also for Wednesday, we met this guy, Anderson, who had met with the missionaries in Sau Paulo and they were helping him learn English, so when we came by his house, because he´s now living in Sao Jose da mata, he was happy to have us in. He´s super cool and easy to talk to, I feel like I can relate to him well, and he´s justa cool dude. Plus, he came to church on /Sunday, which was awesome! Also, he knew a little bit about the doctrine because of what the other missionaries had taught him, but one of our times we met with him, we taught part of all 4 lessons, all in one sitting! Crazy! I didn´t even know that was possible! Haha.

Happy Birthday Elder Markham! The big 20, very exciting. We just had some cake at Deborah´s house for a little while to celebrate, it was fun. We had fast and testimony meeting on Sunday, so it was definitely awesome hearing people´s testimonies.

One thing I feel I’ve learned a lot this weekend that everything a missionary does works through the spirit. Who we talk to, where we go, what we say, all through the spirit, and the spirt always testifies of truth. I´m so grateful to have a guide in my work, because I certainly couldn´t do this on my own, and I have this guide because it´s not my work, it´s the Lord´s work, and the Lord will always prevail.

 I hope you all have an amazing week, and don´t forget to remember your Heavenly father and your Savior Jesus Christ, for all the things they do for you.

All the best!

The church is true!

- Elder Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment