Wednesday, September 2, 2015

2 months out!


August 31, 2015

Hey everyone! Tomorrow will mark 2 months since I began my mission! Craziness!

My week. Last P-day wasn´t really much of a P-Day because I had to go to Joao Pessoa to do some legal stuff, part of being an American and coming to Brazil. I woke up at 4:45 and we got back at around 3ish. It took forever! But hey, that´s life.

District meeting on Tuesday, we focused a lot on talking to people about how the gospel can and does bless families, and I’m so grateful for all the things the gospel has done to strengthen my family and I’m so grateful it gives me the opportunity to live with my family forever. No matter what, always cherish your family.

 We don´t have any hot water because something broke, so showers are freaking freezing!

I did splits this week for the first time, which I was really worried about, but it was actually a really good learning experience. I was put with this guy Thales, he´s actually just a member and not a missionary, and he wanted to talk to EVERYONE! Just left and right talking to people, excited, happy, making people laugh but also expressing the seriousness of our message. He taught me a lot about what missionary work should be like and the attitude you should have and I’m grateful for his example.

 Another cool thing, there´s this one girl, Luana, who has been going to church for almost a year but never got baptized because her parents wanted her to wait, we met with them this week and seemingly out of nowhere, they decided to let her be baptized! So we had another baptism this week, and we actually had enough water to fill the font! I was a baptismal witness  for the first time, as well as being in the circle for confirming someone a member of the church for the first time, so that was cool.

 One lady we taught this week was really interesting (not in the best way)  we taught her the first lesson then came back a few days later and asked if she prayed to know if they things we said are true and she said yes she knows it’s true and then we asked her if she´d go to church and she was like ehhh, I don´t think so. Huh? Confusing.

But we had a lot of good lessons this week too, so it´s okay!
That´s my week!
Write me! Send me e-mails!
You don´t have y address just ask!
I love you all! - Elder Carroll

e-mail address: Jeffrey.carroll@myldsmail.net
snail mail address: (letters) Elder Jeffrey Benjamin Carroll
                                 Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission
                                 Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, 515
                                 Tambauzinho
                                 Joao Pessoa Joao Pessoa - PB
                                 Brazil

snail mail address: (packages) Elder Jeffrey Benjamin Carroll
                                 Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission
                                 Rua Deputado Jose Mariz, 515
                                 Tambauzinho
                                 58042-020 Joao Pessoa - PB
                                 Brazil


No comments:

Post a Comment